Here is my list of natural sights that I'm pretty blinking excited to be seeing over the course of our trip. This one is roughly in order of preference...
1. Mount Everest at Everest Base Camp, Tibet - just awe-inspiring
2. Hopefully some kind of erupting or farting volcano, somewhere along the coast of South America - let's chase lava
3. The Salar de Uyuni (salt flats), Bolivia - hallucinogenic by all accounts!
4. Glaciers calving in Patagonia, Chile/Argentina - if we can get there in July
5. General Sherman, the largest giant redwood in the Giant Forest of Sequoia National Park, California
6. The night sky in the Atacama Desert, Chile - the best place in the world to see the stars (Hollywood? Pah!)
7. The coral reefs around Indonesia (is this cheating because it's not in the animals section?)
8. The Amazon rainforest - the lungs of the world
9. The Blue Hole (technical dive site), Belize - amazing from the inside-out
10. The Grand Canyon, Arizona - you know, the big crack
I hope we'll tick all of these off our list.....